Caroline Quinn Donnelly was born September 17, 2010. Diagnosed with hypotonia, delayed eye maturation and ifantile spasms. Keep track of our journey into the unknown!
Caroline
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Who needs to see??
At the moment, not Caroline! She was diagnosed a couple of months ago with Delayed Eye Maturation. She can tell the difference between light and dark but can't see any objects. They're hoping that she's able to see by her first birthday but we'll have to wait and see. I'm amazed by how well she's been able to adapt. She hears something interesting and turns her little ear towards it. She can smell me the instant I walk into the room which makes it hard to sneak in and check on her at night. Whether or not she's able to see any more than a few months ago is up for debate. She seems to be looking at black and white things more and has even taken a swat or two at them. She still doesn't track anything though so I'm not sure if she's actually see more or it's just a coincidence. She also looks in the direction of what she's listening to, or at least mot of the time she does. If I'm talking to her her eyes will be looking at me but she clearly isn't looking at me which I think has been the hardest. It's as if the lights are on but no body's home. I want nothing more than to pick her up one day and having her look right at me and give me a smile. It will happen one day (I hope).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment