We'll start with the good update. We went to the eye doctor and she said that Caroline's vision seemed to be improving! She did have some reaction to the black and white striped drum (she had ZERO reaction last time). She also seems to responding more to the color red so we're making progress.
Now for the not so good update. On Tuesday the 12th I had noticed Caroline was doing some repetitive arm movements. Hadn't though much of it...maybe she was finally figuring out how to move them?! It happened again on Wednesday and I had mentioned to Dan that she was doing that "thing" again. Then on Thursday I had noticed her doing it AGAIN. Something in the back of my mind said that this was not her just figuring out how to move. I had contemplated calling the neurologist but didn't want to go only to find out that it was nothing. BUT my mama friends had made a pretty good point...how terrible would I feel it there was something wrong and I had let it go. I called the neurologist right away and of course she wasn't in the office "but they'd leave a message for her". Great! Now what? Well, thankfully the doctor was only out of the office for the day and had come back that night, saw my message and called right away. The plan was to go into the office on Friday and Caroline would have an EEG done and the other doctor would be there to take a look at it. Friday morning I received a call from the other doctor that we wouldn't be going to the office but would instead be admitted to the hospital for a 24hr EEG and video monitoring. So we made the hike to Yale and checked in. Caroline got all hooked up.
Poor girl HATED getting all of those wires glued to her head. She was hooked up for about 18hrs and then neurologist came in a confirmed our suspicions. Miss Caroline was having Infantile spasms. We started the steroid shots that Saturday evening and have been giving them to her twice a day since. SHe was in the hospital for a total of 5 days and her and I were so ready to get out of there!!

No comments:
Post a Comment